During my blogging hiatus, I did alot of planning and organizing for the future of my blog. I will be starting a few series, one including giving you weekly tips on how to shop on a tight budget and how to catch all the sales people often miss.
I, quite often, get asked where and how I purchase “all these clothes on my blog.” Yes, I am addicted to retail, but I hardly EVER buy anything for retail price. So today marks the first day I let you in on my little style secret! Thank me later!
1. The sunnies: Although these were a gift, my first pair of Raybans were purchased for $40 on eBay. With a little patience and bidding power, you can buy anything off eBay for a fraction of the price.
2. The leather jacket: I bought this jacket over 6 years ago for $50 at H&M. I have a similar H&M one in black that I purchased for $20 just last year. H&M, quite often, does flash sales where they will mark all leather jackets for $19.99 for a limited time only. If you’re looking for a leather jacket, stop in H&M any chance you get, you might get lucky.
3. The shirt: If you recall, I lost my $2 Joe Fresh striped shirt somehow so I had to buy another one. I got this one from Urban Outfitters for $10. FYI, anytime you enter an UO, GO STRAIGHT TO THEIR SALE ROOM. (They always have one and 9 times out of 10 you’ll be so satisfied you won’t have to loook at their regular priced merchandise.)
4. The skirt: It’s 2014, if you don’t know about thrifting then you don’t live in America. I bought this skirt at Salvation Army for like $3 or $6. I don’t really remember but what I do remember is that EVERY WEDNESDAY IS 50% of everything at Salvation Army. No need to be bourgeouis. All you need is a washer machine or dry cleaners.
5. The shoes: I think shoes are the only thing I can justfiy buying for original price. If I want them, I’ll find a way to get them. I don’t care how many zeros are on the end of the price tag. I wanted these Valentinos for over a year before actually purchasing them. The truth is, I couldn’t afford another thousand dollar shoe so I waited patiently for a sale somewhere in the universe. Saks Fifth Avenue had the pink ones on sale for less than $700. WHEN I TELL YOU I LITERALLY FELL OFF MY OFFICE CHAIR! I made the purchase so quickly! Only to find out the following day that my order was cancelled because of low inventory. I was soooooo angry. I stomped all the way to Saks Fifth Avenue after work to try and find the sale on the floor. Of course I didn’t find it but because I established in my mind that I was a Valentino Rockstud owner, I had to appease myself by buying these for original price. I simply could not go home empty handed. So yes, $300+ extra and I had the Rockstuds.
But you know something, a few months later, Rue La La had them on sale for $850. Just my luck.
The moral of the story is have a little patience, do a little research, and you too can be fly on E. Stay tuned for upcoming posts on sales and shopping secrets.