Paris was….hmm… Okay I didn’t like it. Honestly, it was over-rated. But don’t take it from me, I was only there for 1 day. And I didn’t have a tour guide, just my very African mother who complained about pretty much everything.
What I will say is that we got on enough trains and subways to conclude
1. The transportation system is trash
2. Many Parisians stink.
Why on earth would it be acceptable to not have AC in the trains in the summer? Especially when many people don’t use deodorant? No shade to Parisians…. its cool if it’s not your culture to wear deodorant lol.
We did a bit of the touristy exploring, and honestly we weren’t impressed. Nothing amusing about looking at old architecture and eating at coffee shops. Sure, the canals were cool; but Amsterdam has better ones. So in conclusion? Paris is over-rated. My opinion, not yours.
Now, I’ve been gone for a minute. Let me tell you why:
I was fasting for 30 days (month of September) with my church. In that month, I decided to also fast from social media. Actually, correction: I decided to do a 6-week social media fast prior to the 30 day fast… So I returned to social media on the 21st of September… I think.
But I learned a few things I’d like to share:
- Begging for an encounter with God will get you…an encounter with God. Like seriously. In September, I dreamt, I prophesied, spoke in tongues, encountered a spirit of laughter, and I had many visions. My favorite encounter was in church one Sunday. I literally collapsed to the floor in uncontrollable, hysterical laughter, which changed to speaking in tongues, THEN I saw 4 angels in the church.
- The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much (James 5:16) Effective prayer includes praying for:
- being worthy of your calling
- fulfillment in your purpose
- effective service (doing your purpose, or what you’re called to do, effectively)
- The Word of God to have free course in your life, and in the lives of those you pray for.
- Putting your trust in man, will leave you with man-made results. Putting your trust in God will leave you with supernatural results. I’ve been betrayed and talked wrongly about during this season. And it pisseddd meee alllll the way off. To a point where I was ready to give up on the very thing I promised God I would do for Him. I honestly didn’t want to pray about it either. I just knew the Holy Spirit would convict me so I thought “If I don’t commune with my Father, I can be exempt from doing His will.”
Well glory be to God that His Spirit dwells inside His children, and no one can suffer Him not to speak when He WANTS to speak. Unless, of course, you’re grieving the Holy Spirit.
So one night, as I forced myself to clean the church (although my bed seemed a better option), the Holy Spirit reminded me of my covenant with God. I rolled my eyes….and decided to submit to His will. Did I want to, no! It’s so much easier to give in to the Devil, hold grudges, tell people off, leave the church, and do what you want. But the bible says, Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices ( 2 Corinthians 2: 11). I refuse to be ignorant of how Satan operates. He wants to block the blessings God has for me. But I won’t let him.
Thank you Father for allowing your Word to have free course in my life!
God Bless You! I want to hear from you below 🙂