Testimony Tuesday: How God Moved On My Behalf After 30 Days of Consecration

I took the Word of God and ran with it.  When I arrived, I came with a testimony.

Edward Gebel Photography

WHAT I’M WEARING:

Coat: Banana Republic (small) ; Shirt: Banana Republic (try this); Jeans: GAP – size 28 ; Shoes: Christian Louboutin (old) ; Bag: ZARA (old)

I’ll never forget the first time I intentionally consecrated myself.  I remember when my spiritual father challenged me to consecrate myself for 30 days in order to see what the Lord could do for me.

Consecration? What exactly does that mean?

To “consecrate” yourself essentially means to wholly dedicate yourself to something of greatest important. When spoken plainly, however, “consecration” refers to the act of setting yourself aside and dedicating yourself to a deity, and that deity almost always refers to the God of Christianity.

My spiritual father suggested that for 30 days, I would stay away from anything that wasn’t pleasing in God’s sight AND also to stay away from intimacy with anyone other than God. So that’s exactly what I did. For 30 days, I literally didn’t watch any reality television. I didn’t gossip. I didn’t listen to secular music. I didn’t say “I love you” to my boyfriend or to any family member. We didn’t hug or kiss. I studied the Word of God. I prayed and meditated and I focused on simply pleasing God.

You want to know what happened after the 30 days?

Well…. on literally day 30 I secured my very first  PAID partnership as blogger. The brand that I secured a partnership with  is a global brand that I have been a fan of for so many years. And the payment  that I was paid was EXACTLY what I requested. No negotiations. No settlements. Just a payment via PayPal in exchange for one Instagram post and a huge box filled with products. I didn’t reach out to them. They pursued little ol Christina and expressed interest in a partnership. And although in the past I blogged tirelessly for many years, it took 30 days of consecrating for God to move. How many days will it take you?

Why am I telling you this?

I want you to “challenge” God. (Terrible word but you get the point.)

There is something you are desiring for Him to do in your life. You’re tired of waiting. I know, I know. “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength…” But did you know that every powerful person in the Bible made a sacrifice to God before He moved on their behalf? I mean, look at Jesus. It was He who made the ultimate sacrifice in order to save us from our sins!

So this is my challenge to you:
CONSECRATE YOURSELF. FOR TOMORROW, THE LORD WILL DO AMAZING THINGS TO YOU AND AMONG YOU.

God bless you!

13 Comments

1. October 5, 2017 / 6:07 am

This is such an inspiring post…..I will return with my testimony In Jesus Name.

• justmissedtherunway
      October 5, 2017 / 6:30 am

Amenn be sure to tell me about it

2. October 5, 2017 / 6:14 am

and you look really good…love the combo 🙂

3. Aaron
    October 5, 2017 / 7:14 am

Its really commendable that you took time to read the word of God. It has to be noted for anyone reading this that someone who is truly dedicated to God “would stay away from anything that wasn’t pleasing in God’s sight ” all the time. Psa 34:14 says “Shun what is bad and do what is good”, likewise Psa 97:10 says “O ye that love Jehovah, hate evil” so love for God is what should MOTIVATE a person to do good, not any reward and love for God should hopefully last longer than 30 days. Not sure the reason why you were advised to “stay away from intimacy with anyone other than God”. The word Intimacy can be understood differently by different people but if he meant closeness, friendship, companionship then that would go against the second greatest commandment that Jesus repeated in Matthew 22:39 ” ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself’ “, your neighbor in this instance in the examples you give being your close family members. If he was referring to sexual intimacy then he was totally correct as I take from the fact you refer to a “boyfriend” and not a husband then sex outside of marriage would obviously displease God as explained at 1 Cor 6:9,10. Its really excellent that you want to focus on pleasing God and keep seeking that goal!

• justmissedtherunway
      October 5, 2017 / 7:27 am

Thanks as always Aaron.
      You gotta understand that everyone is on different spiritual walks. Some are on milk, others are on food. For the believers on milk, a 30 day consecration is a step towards seeing the benefits of living a holy life for God. Of course we shouldn’t be Holy simply bc of what God can do. But look at my blog post from a different standpoint. If I replaced my blog post with your comments, how would it move a newborn christian or an unbeliever to live a holy life for God.
      Also, the intimacy I referenced above isn’t the one regarding neighbors. You should know I wasn’t walking around ditching friends and closeness with loved ones. I meant spending hours on the phone with them, in place of intimacy with God. I meant being physical with my boyfriend. (I am celibate so sex doesn’t apply to me; but maybe one of my readers is having sex and struggle in that area) I’m not sure if your intent is to dissect all of my posts for criticism. (Whatever your intent, I do appreciate it bc your comments are always insightful ) but do note that I am fully aware of my audience. They aren’t all theologians or bible scholars. Some are really struggling to live Holy lives for Gods. So a 30 day consecration is DEFINITELY APPROPRIATE! God bless you.

• Aaron
        October 5, 2017 / 10:08 am

A “newborn christian” who is unaware of the bible verses quoted and the simple fact that a Christian is to “shun” what God says is bad and “do” what God says is good cannot truly be said to be a christian yet. At John 15:14 Jesus clearly says “You are friends of mine if you do what I command you”. Notice he says “If you DO”.
        An unbeliever needs to know that God has standards because he is holy, if they choose not to live by those standards that is their choice. They also need to know that worshipping God will only last if it is motivated by love for him, not for what we get out of it.
        A person does not have to be a theologian or a scholar to understand the Bible, but that someone does have to be humble and willing to listen to what God says and then do it in order to really benefit from the Bible. Setting aside time to read and understand it is essential EVERY day which is why Psa 1:2 says “But finds pleasure in Jehovah’s instructions, and his instructions he studies day and night”.

• justmissedtherunway
          October 5, 2017 / 10:13 am

In regards to your first statement, are you saying that you cannot be a Christian unless you KNOW the scriptures you referenced in your first comment? You do understand that reading the Word of God and knowing everything it says cannot happen overnight. Would you call someone who gives their life to Christ TODAY but sins tomorrow an unbeliever? You gotta give people chances to grow Aaron. Your zeal for God is a grace that isn’t given to everyone. We can continue this discussion offline if you please

• Aaron
            October 5, 2017 / 10:44 am

Would you marry your boyfriend the day after you met him? Of course not. Dedicating ones life to God (which is when they become a christian) is more important than that, yet a serious person might take months to decide if they will marry a particular person. Yes it does take some time and learning is involved. A person does not need to know the Bible from cover to cover, scripture and verse, but needs to know enough of what they are dedicating their life to. This is not a spur of the moment decision. Matt 22:38 says “You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind”. Our “mind” means learning about God and knowing who he truly is and what he expects of us when we enter into an agreement with him to dedicate ourselves to him. Knowing that God has standards of right and wrong and learning some of those main standards does not take that long.

• justmissedtherunway
            October 5, 2017 / 10:52 am

Explain Apostle Paul. He had an encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus when He gave His life to Christ. He did not know enough about what he was about to dedicate his life to before he did. He had one encounter. Bible says immediately after he spent 3 years in Jerusalem. (Perhaps studying and preparing for his ministry as an apostle)… you cannot tell someone to wait until they know enough about God to give their life to Him. To say that would band them from the greatest gift: the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit which gives insight. He opens the eyes and hearts of men. He gives revelation of the truth…

again, love all of your insights. It really is great, because I know where you are coming from. And I once thought this way.

Just be patient and intercede for people, just as Christ was patient with you. You weren’t always where you are in Christ now.

• justmissedtherunway
            October 5, 2017 / 10:53 am

Three years in Arabia before he went back to Jerusalem***

4. October 5, 2017 / 11:00 am

Good read sis. Keep it up!

5. Aaron
    October 5, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Read Acts 9 carefully and think about the role of Ananias.

• justmissedtherunway
      October 5, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Email me if you’d like to continue offline